Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Summer Days Drifting Away

This blog is being posted extremly late...well technically its wed but this is my tuesday post. It was an extremly busy day/night! For this blog I just chose a few pictures from some of my favorite summer memories from our first summer together. There are way to many to post about these ones all had something that stuck out in my mind. Summer is my least favorite season I am definitely a cold weather type of girl. Summer is my most favorite season right now though because my husband is school and football (for the most part) free. Meaning that we have tons and tons of more time to hang out and do more fun things together.


A fun in the sun kind of day. We went out to somebody's camp and we had a picnic and just basically bummed around on the beach and in the water for the day. It was good fellowship with friends and a very relaxing day. Except for...

We sunk a pedal boat. We were way way way out in the lake and all of a sudden water started leaking in from all sides. It was an adventure to say the least to try and get the boat back in. Definitely a memorable day:)


A sunday afternoon relaxing at the beach.

Watching the horse pulls at the local fair. It is a "family tradition" to watch these every year and eat an elephant ear. My great or great great grandpa used to do horse pulls at the fair and that is why we go to watch. It is also a great time. This was the first year that David got to join us:)


A bonfire at a friends out on the lake. We took hundreds of silly goofy and down right weird but fun pictures this night. This was probably one of the most normal looking ones.

I think that since my husband is still in school we really haven't lost anything in this aspect of our relationship. He is gone for most of this summer but the time we did and still do have we have gone on a few trip had some bonfires already. It is much more relaxed when you aren't having to worry about the busyness and can just take a break. It seems that time together is a very easy thing to loose once you get married. I wish that you could always have a summer break to "recoup" from life.

No comments:

Post a Comment