Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Well a year has come and gone since we got married. It seems like just yesterday he was putting me on a plane the day after we got married to go away for a week off work before our honeymoon. One of the hardest things we have ever had to do. That is until saying goodbye to each other for him to leave for 10weeks this summer.

Of course the first year is never easy. I wouldn't trade it for anything though. We have a friend who was married not to long after us who after only a few months of being married he got fed up and walked out on her. They thought that it was going to be like in the movie everything is always ok and hunky dory. That same friend was talking to me the other day and told me that she thought we were the perfect couple and we were sooo lucky to have each other. That is the thing that you would normally long to here. That another couple thinks that you two are the "perfect couple". I don't think that in this case it was a good thing to be hearing though. I told this friend thank you but that it was a far from true statement. I went on to talk with her about how we had our fair share of arguments and one or the other of us storming out but that we still loved each other and that leaving each other is not an option. Especially not over stupid little stuff that a year later I don't really remember any of it so it wasn't that important.


Our first little apartment.

When I was done talking I got to thinking about a blog that I read about a month ago and it talked about building our husbands up. Then I started thinking you know David could have left me just like this man had done to his wife. This friend didn't go out and cheat and they were still married. But he was living separate life of his own. He wasn't there to support his wife and work things out. That could have been me but I married a man who is committed to our marriage no matter what and he loves me more than any stupid ol' argument. On this 1st anniversary I want to thank David for not giving up and toughing it for the first year. I make it sound like all we did was argue. Far from it. We have plenty more great memories to take away from the first year and like I said before I cant think of a single argument that I can remember what it was about.

So thank you David for all that you have done in supporting me, our marriage, thank you for all the hard work that you do, for putting up with my stubbornness, and what you call OCD with many many things that I do (just my little quirks that make me,me), and for all the great memories in our first year of marriage together.

I Love You and I Look Forward to Many Many Many more years of being Married to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment