Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

As school/work slow down for the summer and with David being gone I am finding more time to do these. I am debating a blog but am afraid it will die in the fall when life pick up again. So here it goes...

Before David I asked him a question about something which at the time seemed like it was an important decision to be made (I dont remember what now, so it probably wasnt all that important) He looked back at me and said you know I am leaving in a few days (for 10weeks) and you are going to have to make some of these decisions on your own (he has limited to no communication where he is at).

I am not the type to go running to somebody about every small daily decision (it would definitely drive David nuts if I did this with him! haha) but I do like to discuss stuff that I think is important to "us" or and our relationship (it would not be a relationship if we didnt make decisions together). It felt kind of weird to think that I was going to "be on my own again" for the most part. If it is a big enough decision he calls on the weekend and we discuss it but for the most part I have been taking care of stuff "on my own. "

Since he has been gone though I have had many people tell me how crazy I am that I didn't go with him or "I even let him go in the first place". Most of those people told me that they wouldn't be able to survive or do it.

So I asked David the other night if he thought that I was nuts or crazy or even a bad wife because I was surviving on my own (I was beginning to feel this way because of peoples reactions). He told me that was one of the things he likes about me he doesn't constantly have to worry about me and that I am surviving on my own. He knows that I miss him and that there are tough moments but he loves that when he calls that I am not just breaking down every 5 seconds, or emailing, texting, or leaving him voice mails 20times a day.

I came across this through a blog that I have begun reading. It follows right along the lines of this blog
http://heartofthematteronline.com/honey-the-house-is-on-fire

It just helped to solidify in my mind that:
1)That biblically I am not being an awful wife
2) That my husband has confidence in me
3) Even though David has that confidence in me I can still rely on him "when a fire" breaks out and I am freaking out but that I also don't have to go to him to find out "what underwear I should wear that day" haha

No comments:

Post a Comment