Monday, June 14, 2010

Adventure

When we first started dating we were out and about all the time. We are a very outdoorsy couple. We love hiking and climbing.I feel like since we have gotten married we have become so lazy and content to just sit on the couch together. Rather than go out and find adventure like we used to. It is hard for us to work it this summer with him being gone but I do have a few surprise trips up my sleeve with some great adventure for the end of the summer.

April 2008: Our First Hiking Trip Ever. There was still 4 feet of snow on the ground in the middle of the forest. Out pants were soaked and we were freezing...But we had a BLAST!

One of my favorite funny photos of David. It doesnt look nearly as funny in the picture but his outfit was HILLARIOUS! After hiking through all the snow (see previous picture) he had changed into sweatpants...he did not however have any other shoes to wear so had to put his hiking boots back on and then to top that off he put on his leather "'Indian Jones" hat. I loved it and caught a quick snap shot of it when we hoped out of the car to look at the ice left on Lake Superior.


An all time favorite photo of us. As you can tell we had a TON of fun!


So David (who is 6'6" told me that the water wasnt to deep here so I could cross. Until I got in and the current almost swept me over a huge waterfall. He ended up pulling me across while I held the stick. I was a very fun situation although at the time it didnt seem so.

We talk so much these days about getting out to do these type of things. We just dont make it the same priority as we did when we were dating. I know my husband would love for me to plan a trip like this instead of relying on him to come up with the idea. So I am going to work on a few fun and adventurous trips that we would both enjoy:) I already had a few surprises up my sleeve:)

No comments:

Post a Comment